AEC 5211 – Agricultural Finance and Cooperation
1. Agricultural Finance- meaning, scope, and significance, credit needs and its role in Indian agriculture
2. Agricultural credit: meaning, definition, need, classification
3. Credit analysis: 3 R’s, and 5 C’s, and 7 P’s of credits
4. Sources of agricultural finance: institutional and non-institutional sources, commercial banks, nationalization of commercial banks, Micro financing including KCC,
5. Lead bank scheme, RRBs, Scale of finance, and unit cost. An introduction to higher financing institutions – RBI, NABARD, ADB, IMF, world bank, Insurance, and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India.
6. Cost of credit.
7. Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
8. SWOT analysis.
9. Agricultural Cooperation – Meaning, objectives, principles of cooperation, the significance of cooperatives in Indian agriculture.
10. Agricultural Cooperation in India in five-year plans credit, marketing, consumer and multi-purpose cooperatives, farmers’ service cooperative societies, processing cooperatives, warehousing; the role of ICA, NCUI, NCDC, NAFED.